Our products are handmade to order.
Please allow about 5 working days before despatch.
3 layer masks with filter pocket and a non-woven filter included
Please note that our fabric face masks are being delivered only in South Africa at the moment. Shipping is charged at a flat rate of R75 per order, throughout South Africa. Due to the lock down, courier delivery is taking longer than usual. Please allow at least one to two days for delivery to Cape Town and Johannesburg, three days for other main centres, and longer for outlying areas.
Proudly made in South Africa 🇿🇦
- Three layers
- Outer layer (denim): breathable 100% cotton; Outer layer (mélange): breathable polycotton
- Inner layers: soft and breathable 100% cotton voile
- Filter pocket
- Non-woven breathable, washable filter included (120mm x 100mm)
- Wire insert on the bridge of the nose
- Cotton rope ties
WASH & IRON BEFORE USE (do not hot-iron the non-woven filter)
Our breathable masks are designed to fit very snugly on the face. The wire insert helps limit air escape at the top of the mask and is especially convenient for people who wear glasses. Bend this wire until it is in the most comfortable position.
In support of our local community, a portion of proceeds from each mask will be donated to Stellenbosch Unite, a collaborative aid action purposed to provide social support to vulnerable community members during the COVID-19 pandemic, or similar organisations in our community.
Please note that our fabric face masks are not medical masks and are not safe for usage in the Health sector. A mask must be used in conjunction with good hygiene practices. Please follow the recommendations from the Western Cape Department of Health HERE.
Maintaining the mask:
You must have at least two cloth masks per person so you will be able to wash one and have a clean one ready for use.
- WASH & IRON BEFORE USE (Do not hot-iron the non-woven filter)
- Wash the mask daily in soap and hot water (hand washing only will increase the lifespan of the mask)
- Rinse thoroughly and dry
- IRON THE MASK - this is the best means of disinfection! (Do not hot-iron the non-woven filter)
- If you do not have an iron, place the mask with the outside facing down on a metal sheet and place it in the sun; leave it there for a couple of hours - the heat should disinfect it
- DO NOT SOAK THE MASK IN CHEMICALS AS THESE GET ABSORBED AND MAY BE INHALED CAUSING DAMAGE TO THE RESPIRATORY TRACT
- No refunds or returns on masks.
- Please note that our masks are not medical or surgical grade and they will not prevent you from contracting viruses such as coronavirus.
- For orders placed from outside of South Africa, we will only be able to ship after the ban on the export of face masks has been lifted.
Please note that all our products are handcrafted and variances may occur. No two products will be exactly the same.
Prices quoted in ZAR are only valid for shipping in South Africa. For international orders paid for in ZAR, a shipping fee will be applied after the order has been placed. International prices exclude duties and taxes that may be payable.