Our products are handmade to order.
Please allow about 5 working days before despatch.
2 layer mask
Proudly made in South Africa 🇿🇦
- Two layers
- Outer layer: 100% cotton Shweshwe
- Inner layer: 100% cotton percale, 200 thread count
- Wire insert on the bridge of the nose
- Elastic ties for attachment either around the ears or the head
WASH & IRON BEFORE USE (do not iron the ties)
Our breathable masks are designed to fit very snugly on the face. The wire insert helps limit air escape at the top of the mask and is especially convenient for people who wear glasses.
Please note that prints may vary! For single colour orders, the colour ordered will be sent, but prints may differ from those on the product photos. The material used for the ties may also vary. We apologise for the inconvenience, but material is limited during lock down and due to high demand.
In support of our local community, a portion of proceeds from each mask will be donated to Stellenbosch Unite, a collaborative aid action purposed to provide social support to vulnerable community members during the COVID-19 pandemic, or similar organisations in our community.
The outer layer of the mask is a 100% cotton Shweshwe fabric. The inner layer is a soft, white, 100% cotton percale with a 200 thread count. The rationale for using a white fabric is that a mask should be washed after every single use. By having a white fabric showing dirt, you will be reminded to wash your mask! Government requires that masks cover the face from ABOVE the nose to BELOW the chin and almost up to the ears. Please make sure your mask fits correctly. Our masks have been designed to either tie at the back of your head (tie the two top elastic straps together, and tie the two bottom ones together), or to loop over the ears (tie the two elastic straps on the right together at the correct length to comfortably fit over your ear, and the same for the left). Our masks also have a wire insert in the seam that sits on the bridge of the nose, so that the mask can tightly hug your nose for more protection. Bend this wire until it is in the most comfortable position. Please wash and iron your mask before use.
Please note that our fabric face masks are not medical masks and are not safe for usage in the Health sector. A mask must be used in conjunction with good hygiene practices. Please follow the recommendations from the Western Cape Department of Health HERE.
Maintaining the mask:
You must have at least two cloth masks per person so you will be able to wash one and have a clean one ready for use.
- WASH & IRON BEFORE USE (Do not iron the ties)
- Wash the mask daily in soap and hot water (hand washing only will increase the lifespan of the mask)
- Rinse thoroughly and dry
- IRON THE MASK - this is the best means of disinfection! (Do not iron the ties)
- If you do not have an iron, place the mask with the outside facing down on a metal sheet and place it in the sun; leave it there for a couple of hours - the heat should disinfect it
- DO NOT SOAK THE MASK IN CHEMICALS AS THESE GET ABSORBED AND MAY BE INHALED CAUSING DAMAGE TO THE RESPIRATORY TRACT
- No refunds or returns on masks.
- Please note that our masks are not medical or surgical grade and they will not prevent you from contracting viruses such as coronavirus.
Please note that all our products are handcrafted and variances may occur. No two products will be exactly the same.
Prices quoted in ZAR are only valid for shipping in South Africa. For international orders paid for in ZAR, a shipping fee will be applied after the order has been placed. International prices exclude duties and taxes that may be payable.